Honoring those who plan in advance.
In 1985, the Colonel Henry Rutgers Society was formed to recognize those thoughtful graduates and friends who make an estate gift or another form of planned/deferred gift that Rutgers will receive in the future.
Membership is offered to those who:
- Include a provision in their estate plans to benefit Rutgers
- Make a gift to Rutgers through a charitable gift annuity
- Establish a charitable trust to benefit Rutgers
- Name Rutgers as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan
- Make a gift of a residence to Rutgers while retaining the right to live there
The generosity demonstrated by these donors ensures that Rutgers can count on private support in the years to come. Members of the Colonel Henry Rutgers Society are presented with a certificate of appreciation signed by the president of the university. They are invited to an annual gathering of the society’s membership and other special events.
The Colonel Henry Rutgers Society Impact
Learn about students who have received scholarships and support from the Colonel Henry Rutgers Society. Meet the students.
An easy way to join
We’ve partnered with FreeWill to provide the Rutgers community with a free online tool to create a legal will. It’s an easy way to complete this important task and quickly join the Colonel Henry Rutgers Society through the creation of a lasting legacy gift. Get started for free here.
For more information about the Colonel Henry Rutgers Society, contact Estate and Gift Planning at 848-932-8808 or email@example.com.