Start with Now
A gift of any size to the area of greatest need makes a powerful statement. It denotes the courage to act on conviction and the belief that philanthropy can change the world around us—immediately and for the better.
Opportunity knocks at unexpected times and in ways we can’t always anticipate. Whether it’s the chance to heighten a student’s trajectory through financial aid, a patient’s prospects through exceptional care, or innumerable lives through transformative research, the opportunities to make an impact—right now, through Rutgers—are immediate and remarkable.
By designating your gift to the area of greatest need, you allow us to put your donation to work right away and where it’s needed most.
There are ways to improve the human condition right in front of us. And they start with people—our donors—who have the strength and the courage to act now.
Our Areas of Greatest Need
- President’s Fund: Gifts to this fund are used for the most pressing needs of the university, including student support, research aid, technology upgrades, and faculty support.
- Scarlet Promise Grants Current Use Fund: Donations to the Scarlet Promise Grants Current Use Fund are distributed by the Office of Financial Aid, during the academic year in which they are received, in order to provide essential support for students in need.
- Scarlet Promise Grants Endowed Fund: Contributions to this fund build an endowment to ensure long-term support for the program. Interest income from the endowed fund provides essential annual aid to students for whom a Rutgers Education would otherwise not be possible.
- Rutgers Parents Fund: Gifts to the Rutgers Parents Fund support Rutgers Career Services, Student Affairs, and University Libraries.
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick Chancellor’s Excellence Fund: Gifts to this fund help the chancellor address the university’s most pressing needs, including student support, research aid, technological upgrades, and faculty support.
- RBHS Chancellor’s Excellence Fund: Gifts to this fund help RBHS deliver a future-focused education so that graduates can be at the forefront of health care by conducting collaborative research resulting in life-changing discoveries and offering high-quality care to address health disparities and improve human health.
- Rutgers University-Newark Chancellor’s Excellence Fund: Gifts to this fund help the chancellor address the university’s most pressing needs, including student support, research aid, technological upgrades, and faculty support.
- Rutgers University-Camden Chancellor’s Excellence Fund: Gifts to this fund help the chancellor address the university’s most urgent needs, especially support for students facing economic challenges.
- R Scholarship Fund: The R Scholarship Fund is Rutgers Athletics’ greatest need, and their single largest expense annually. It ensures Rutgers can compete nationally for the finest student-athletes across all 24 of our varsity sports.