Published October 13, 2022
In 2023, the eighth annual Rutgers Giving Day will be held over several days: March 20–24, 2023! On the last Rutgers Giving Day, more than 8,000 donors gave more than $3 million to areas across Rutgers.
Thank you for your interest in getting involved with Rutgers Giving Days (RGD) FY23. Based on feedback, we are revisiting our process and making some strategy changes from our initial October 2022 outreach.
We are asking you to be patient as information is solidified. What we know right now:
- We will be aligning RGD with President’ Holloway’s vision for the university: Access to Education, Beloved Community, and the Common Good (ABC’s). Any program/fund that is fundraising on RGD will be aligned with one of these three pillars. Because of the intentional structuring of RGD, Campus partners should work with their respective deans and directors as well as their development officer liaisons to ensure any fund submissions are strategically aligned with the school or program.
- Schools/Units are no longer required to select a program or provide information. We will be promoting all schools within the ABC’s.
- We will continue to offer a toolkit for interested programs/funds to help fundraise.
- In order to alleviate competition between student orgs and the ABC’s, student orgs, club sports, and individual Division I and III sports, we are exploring ways we can bolster these opportunities throughout the year through existing crowdfunding capabilities. We will continue to work with our partners to provide support for these efforts.
- Award Money overall will change. The new donor milestone challenge (that previously was shared) and the giving and social media challenges will have further changes, given the new direction. Updates will be coming your way shortly.
On Rutgers Giving Days, schools and programs across Rutgers raise money for specific funds and participate in giving and social media challenges to win award money. Last year, the Rutgers Business School’s Center for Women and Business raised more than $45,000, including award money, from 157 donors.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rutgers Awarded $5 Million Grant from NIH to Improve Access to COVID-19 Testing within Underserved and Vulnerable Communities
The program supports research that aims to better...Read More