Communications Policies, Guidelines, & Style Guides
Rutgers University Foundation
- Rutgers University Foundation Mass Email Policy
- Rutgers University Foundation Social Media Policy
- Rutgers University Foundation Legal Guidelines for Mass-email
- Rutgers University Foundation Legal Guidelines for Social Media
- RUF/RUAA Style Guide
- RUF/RUAA Quick Reference Style Guide
It is important to stay aware of new and adjusted Rutgers University policies. For a complete list of all university policies visit: policies.rutgers.edu.
- Rutgers Editorial Style Guide
- Rutgers Advertising Policies
- Rutgers Website Policies
- Rutgers Communicating with Media Policies
- Rutgers Visual Identity Policies
- Rutgers Filming & Photography Policies
- Rutgers Sponsorship & Endorsements Policy
- Rutgers Trademark & Licensing Policy
- Guidelines for Use of Email for Official Purposes
- Rutgers University World Wide Web Accessibility Policy
- Rutgers University Complete Policy Directory
- Web Accessibility Training
- Web Accessibility: Using Alt-Text
- CVENT 60 Second Guide | CVENT Training Videos
Communications Support Links
- CVENT Support: Training, tips, checklists, and videos.
- Marketo Support: Training, tips, checklists, and videos.
- Communication Request Form: Request strategy, branding, and marketing support.
Communications Expertise & Services
Below is a brief overview of the Strategic Advancement Communications team expertise and services.
The Strategic Advancement Communications team provides high-level strategy and marketing plans for Rutgers University Foundation. The best way to request strategic communications help is to fill out the communications request form located at: support.rutgers.edu/commshelp.
- Creates comprehensive strategic communications plans that support Rutgers University mission and Rutgers University Foundation leadership priorities
- Provides project management for cross-departmental communications projects
Writing & Editing
The Strategic Advancement Communications editorial team provides written copy, editing, fact-checking, and written remarks for high-level strategic initiatives. The editorial team also manages contracted writers on an as-needed basis.
- Provides content strategy for Rutgers University Foundation
- Co-produces Rutgers Magazine with UCM
- Provides proofreading, copy editing, and fact checking for foundation strategic and mass communications
- Provides written remarks for Rutgers University and Rutgers University Foundation leadership
- Provides script writing for foundation produced videos
Digital Marketing & Communications
The digital marketing team provides oversight for digital and marketing compliance. The digital team ensures Rutgers University Foundation staff are following marketing, digital, and accessibility laws. The digital team provides strategic guidance on marketing and information dissemination.
- Provides oversight for foundation mass email, social media, and websites regarding GDPR, ADA compliance, CAN-SPAM, and other marketing laws
- Provides strategic direction for mass email, foundation websites, and social media platforms for major campaigns, events, and leadership priorities
- Acts as website certification coordinator for the foundation
- Creates CVENT registration pages for alumni and donor events
- Creates email templates and builds individual email campaigns for alumni and donors
- Manages foundation websites: support.rutgers.edu, RAlumni.com, and give.rutgers.edu
- Provides strategy for paid social media advertising for major campaigns, events, and leadership priorities
- Tracks all foundation related websites and social media accounts
- Create awareness campaigns and community engagement on social media
- Add funds to give.rutgers.edu
- Creates vanity URLs
Public Relations & Crisis Communications
The Strategic Advancement Communications team provides crisis communication and public relations talking points and acts as the coordinating team for press releases between the foundation and UCM.
- Create crisis communications plans for major campaigns and initatives
- Coordinate with UCM on all foundation press releases
- Primary point of contact for PR issues at the foundation
- Create talking points for PR issues that affect the foundation brand or the alumni & donor population
Branding, Design, Photography & Filming
Rutgers University Foundation follows Rutgers visual identity and style guidelines. The Strategic Advancement Communications visual team ensures branding compliance; manages print, design, photography, and videographer vendor relationships; and creates high print and digital quality visual products to support Rutgers’ mission.
- Provides branding oversight for Rutgers University Foundation
- Acts as the point of contact for advertising review between the foundation and UCM
- Produces videos for major campaigns, events, and leadership priorities
- Produces print collateral for campaigns, events, and leadership priorities
- Creates digital designs for campaigns, events, and leadership priorities
- Manages design and photography vendors
- Maintains official logos and color guidelines for the foundation