On June 17, Rutgers Giving Day, the entire Rutgers University community will come together to empower students, schools, and programs. As a Rutgers Giving Day Ambassador, you have an opportunity to provide hope during this uncertain time for our state, nation, and the world.
What is a Rutgers Giving Day Ambassador?
Ambassadors help spread the word about Rutgers Giving Day and inspire support by reaching out to friends, family, and peers in their own personal networks. #RUGivingDay ambassadors can reach out to friends and family via social media, text, and/or email. As an ambassador, you can garner support for a specific fund or invite people to give to whatever part of Rutgers is important to them.
The Rutgers Giving Day website, givingday.rutgers.edu, highlights almost 200 funds across the university; there’s a write-in option to support a fund that is not highlighted. Giving will officially launch at 12 a.m. on Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
How do I become a Giving Day Ambassador?
Sign up by June 15 via email@example.com. We’ll send you a personal tracking link to share on Giving Day. Tell us which fund you want to support or if you want to be an ambassador for the day in general.
I am interested in becoming an ambassador, so what do I do on Rutgers Giving Day?
There are many ways to participate in #RUGivingDay as an ambassador. Here’s how to join in:
- Use your personal link to inspire friends and family to make a gift to Rutgers. Ambassador links allow you to spread the word, help the Rutgers Giving Day team keep track of donations that you bring in, and could help your favorite Rutgers area win award money. We will email your personal tracking link shortly before Rutgers Giving Day.
- Inspire support by taking advantage of hourly and daylong challenges—and make sure to check them out on the challenges tab at givingday.rutgers.edu. If you are strategic, you can help your favorite funds come out on top.
- Example: Lunchtime Impact Challenge, in which the fund with the most donors between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. will win an extra $2,000.
- Encourage your network to support your favorite fund and keep track of the day’s success on the leaderboard. Visit the leaderboard tab at givingday.rutgers.edu to keep track throughout the day. The funds that land in the top spots will win an extra award money.
- Post on social media using #RUGivingDay.
- Help your favorite area win award money via the Ambassador Challenge. Ambassadors who bring in the most donors using their personal links will be able to award their favorite Rutgers area between $500 and $1,000.
Is there a training I can attend?
Yes, check out this recorded webinar from a training hosted June 4, 2020.
Rutgers Giving Day 2020 ambassador training PowerPoint slides.
I can’t commit to being an ambassador but still want to help with Rutgers Giving Day. What can I do?
We appreciate having your help in any capacity.
- On Rutgers Giving Day, you can visit the “spread the word’ tab at givingday.rutgers.edu to grab images and phrasing to share with your peers via social media, text, and email.
- And of course, you can make a gift to your favorite area of Rutgers yourself!
Thanks so much for joining the entire Rutgers community on June 17 to help inspire support!