On March 23, 2022, Rutgers Giving Day, the entire Rutgers University community will come together to empower students, schools, and programs. As a Rutgers Giving Day Ambassador, you have an opportunity to inspire support across meaningful areas across Rutgers to help better the world.
What is a Rutgers Giving Day Ambassador?
Ambassadors help spread the word about Rutgers Giving Day and inspire support by reaching out to friends, family, and peers in their own personal networks. #RUGivingDay ambassadors can reach out to friends and family via social media, text, and/or email. As an ambassador, you can garner support for a specific fund or invite people to give to whatever part of Rutgers is important to them.
The Rutgers Giving Day website, givingday.rutgers.edu, highlights almost 200 funds across the university; there’s a write-in option to support a fund that is not highlighted. Giving will officially launch at 12 a.m. on Wednesday, March 23, 2022.
How do I become a Giving Day Ambassador?
Sign up by March 15 via firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll invite you to a webinar training (or share a taped session) and also send you a personalized tracking link to share on Giving Day. Just let us know if you will be promoting a specific fund or if you are inviting peers to give to any area that matters most to them.
I am interested in becoming an ambassador, so what do I do on Rutgers Giving Day?
There are many ways to participate in #RUGivingDay as an ambassador. Here’s how to join in:
- Use your personal link to inspire friends and family to make a gift to Rutgers. Ambassador links allow you to spread the word, help the Rutgers Giving Day team keep track of donations that you bring in, and could help your favorite Rutgers area win award money. We will email your personal tracking link shortly before Rutgers Giving Day.
- Inspire support by taking advantage of hourly and daylong challenges—and make sure to check them out on the challenges tab at givingday.rutgers.edu. If you are strategic, you can help your favorite funds come out on top.
- Example: Lunchtime Impact Challenge, in which the fund with the most donors between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. will win an extra $2,000.
- Encourage your network to support your favorite fund and keep track of the day’s success on the leaderboard. Visit the leaderboard tab at givingday.rutgers.edu to keep track throughout the day. The funds that land in the top spots will win extra award money.
- Post on social media using #RUGivingDay.
- Help your favorite area win award money via the Ambassador Group Challenge. Ambassador groups who bring in the most donors using their personal links will be able to award their favorite Rutgers area between $500 and $1,000.
Is there a training I can attend?
Yes, we will be inviting all ambassadors to attend one of our many webinar trainings in early March. More to come!
Thanks so much for joining the entire Rutgers community on March 23, 2022 to help inspire support!
Questions? Reach out via email@example.com.