Talking About Giving Toolkit
TAG Days focus on educating students about the importance of alumni donor support at Rutgers.
Below are just a few examples of donor impact messaging. Use them as starting points to create a message specific to your school or program at Rutgers.
Area of Greatest Need
- Scarlet Promise Grants provide essential aid to students for whom a Rutgers education would otherwise be impossible. Learn more at support.rutgers.edu/scarletpromise
- Alumni gifts to the Presidents Fund are used for the most pressing needs of the university, including student support, research aid, technological upgrades, and faculty support.
- The Chancellor’s Fund provides strategic support to areas of greatest need throughout Rutgers, thanks to gifts from alumni and other donors.
- Alumni and other donors support the Rutgers Future Scholars program to ensure that first-generation middle-school students with academic promise have the opportunity to attend college.
- Support for the Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement Fund at Rutgers promotes personal and professional programming to foster a climate of inclusion in a diverse community.
- The R Scholarship Fund is Rutgers Athletics’ greatest need, and their single largest expense annually. Alumni donations ensure Rutgers can compete nationally for the finest student-athletes across all 24 of our varsity sports.
Schools and Colleges
- [School Name] Scholarship Fund makes a big difference at Rutgers. Alumni gifts help lessen the financial burden for hard-working students.
- Alumni donations to [School Name] Academic Excellence Fund [or School Name Dean’s Fund] provide students access to a variety of academic and professional growth experiences both inside and outside the classroom.
- Alumni gifts to [School Name] support scholarships and programs, helping to ensure that students have access to unique academic and professional development experiences.
- Alumni gifts to [School Name] Honors Program/College provide financial support and help students there excel personally and professionally.
Student Affairs Funds
- Alumni donors know how important it is to promote diversity and inclusion at Rutgers. That’s why they are giving back to fund cultural centers on campus, providing safe spaces for everyone.
- Sometimes things happen outside of our control, and alumni get that. That’s why they support the Student Emergency Fund, which helps students experiencing nonchronic financial hardships, such as medical emergencies or natural disasters.
- The Food Security Fund provides support to the student food pantry to ensure that no student goes hungry at Rutgers. Fill a plate, feed a mind.
- Rutgers students are the leaders of tomorrow, and alumni donors know it! The Leadership and Engagement Fund supports alternative breaks, service and leadership retreats, and other experiential learning opportunities for students in need.
- Alumni donors care about your safety, so they support the Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance Fund. This fund supports innovative services, programs, and events designed to raise awareness of and respond to the impact of interpersonal violence and other crimes against Rutgers students.
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Rutgers COVID-19 Response Fund supports research, education, and clinical care for RBHS, the state’s leading Academic Medical Center, as it responds to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more at support.rutgers.edu/covid19support
- Alumni donors help Rutgers provide underserved communities with high-quality health care.
- Alumni donors supply classroom, lab, and clinical resources that students and faculty need to advance health care.
- Gifts from alumni support basic and clinical research, transforming discoveries into innovations that make the world well.
- Gifts from alumni help establish Rutgers as an academic health leader that is shaping the future of human health through education, research, and community outreach.
Don’t see something for your program? Create your own alumni support message or check out the graphics toolkit below for assistance.
You can also use Canva (Canva.com) to create social posts with messaging.
Download TAG Days slides and images.
Social media is a great way to get your message out. Use the event and alumni hashtags below and tag all applicable schools or programs.
- #TAGDaysRU – TAG Days official event hashtag
- #ScarletForever – used by RUAA and our alumni
- #RutgersImpact – used to show Rutgers philanthropy