Talking About Giving (TAG) Team
At its core, annual giving is the yearly financial support that Rutgers receives from dedicated alumni and donors. It’s the way that a majority of donors choose to contribute to the university’s fundraising initiatives.
The Talking About Giving (TAG) Team supports the efforts of Rutgers University Foundation to build a culture of philanthropy. The team educates current students about the importance of student and alumni annual support and demonstrates the impact of that support on the student experience through event programming and awareness campaigns.
TAG Team Implements Key Goals
- Raising awareness about alumni support of the university
- Creating programming that engages current students and informs them about the impact of alumni giving
- Inspiring current students of all class years to make gifts to the areas of Rutgers they care about most during Rutgers Giving Day, and encouraging current seniors to support the senior campaign
- Informing large student groups and programs about the benefits of launching a crowdfunding campaign to support a number of interest areas at the university (ONE.rutgers.edu)
Contact Us to Get Involved
If you are looking to get more involved please email Joquoya Murphy, associate director of student philanthropy at Joquoya.Murphy@ruf.rutgers.edu.
TAG Team members receive:
- Membership in CASE ASAP (Council for Advancement and Support of Education Affiliated Student Advancement Programs) and recognition thereof
- Experience that looks great on a résumé
- Public speaking opportunities
- Opportunities to present at national conferences (e.g. CASE ASAP)
- Networking with faculty and staff, alumni, trustees, donors, and friends of the Rutgers community
- Development of leadership, event planning and programming, fundraising, social media, human resources, public relations, and marketing skills
TAG Team Signature Events
- TAG Days – New Brunswick: September 23–27, 2019
- TAG Days – Newark: October 9, 2019
- TAG Days – Camden: October 22–23, 2019
- Rutgers Giving Day: March 25, 2020
Keep an eye out for other TAG events and programs throughout the year.